A notepad is the basic text writing and the editing software which comes along as an integral part of the Microsoft Windows operating system. Since most of the users across the world are using the Windows OS, and this is why this tiny software is famous and used across the world.
It might seem a very basic software but the notepad is actually very quick software which offers a promising writing speed and the fast open-close file system menu.
Convert a Notepad To Excel
Microsoft Excel is the other writing and the data formatting software of the Microsoft incorporation which comes as a part of the Microsoft office. The file which is written by the notepad and the Microsoft Excel both are having the different format.
So, If you are willing to change the notepad to the excel format, then yes it is possible. You can change the notepad file format which ends with .txt file format to a the.XLS file format of excel.
Below we are providing you with the guide, to begin with, it:
- First of all, open the Excel tool of the Microsoft office.
- Now got to the file menu section of excel and there click on the top left corner.
- There you will see the open option click on that.
- Now you need to select the notepad file which you want to convert to the excel format.
- Select the file and click on the open.
- Now next select the type of the data and then click on the next
- Then select the field width and proceed next.
- Now again you need to choose the column of data format which describes the data in columns.
- Next click on the finish.
- Now you need to select the excel workbook. Click format while saving this file.
- You may give any name to this file and then save it.
With it, the file will be converted from the notepad format to the excel format. We hope that this tutorial article will help you.