Best Plugins for Notepad- Spell Check
Spell Checker tool is an extremely important plugin to have. It is one of the most important things for you to keep, especially if you are someone who writes a lot on their computer. Spell checker plugin is used to correct those unavoidable spelling errors within seconds. In this article, we are going to discuss how we can use Spell Check for Notepad++ and briefly discuss the benefits that come with it.
For those of us who are not familiar with Notepad ++, it is an updated version of the original Notepad and provides extra features to the original Notepad.
A little bit about Notepad++
Notepad++ is one of the most important and sought-after text editors available out there. It is open-source software that people around the world use, for writing articles, documents, codes, and a lot more. Notepad++ comes with a lot of features, in addition to plug-ins that will help you perform different tasks.
Its ergonomic design is what makes it extremely user-friendly along with the advantage of being an extremely light-weight software. It takes only about 10 MB of space on your laptop.
Let us first look at the simple process of installing the Spell Checker plugin on your laptop/PC.
Installing Spell-Checker Plugin for Notepad++
- Go to the plug-in menu on your text editor and click on Plugins and select Spell Checker>How to use
- If it is not showing up on your list, then go to the Plugin Manager and click on the available plugins and install Spell Checker.
- You will find a link in the ‘How to use Spell Checker” which will take you to the resource directly. Click on the provided URL to download and install Full Installer.exe of the required pre-compiled dictionaries. The pre-compiled dictionaries and the binary files are going to look something like this:
- When you have completed this, you can go to the Plugins menu and click on the Spell Checker option. Once you have done this, it means that the spell checker is installed. The Spell Checker is now going to start working one by one and here is when you can select the error with the correct word and add it to your compiled dictionaries.
Let us look at another way of doing this:
- On your PC, open up Notepad++. There, you will find a navigation bar where you can click on the Plugins option.
- This is a particularly self-explanatory step, so we won’t discuss this one. Once you have done this, a list of Spell Checker Plugins is going to appear on the screen. Select DSpellCheck from the list and click on the Install button.
- A dialog box is going to appear, asking you to confirm the Action. Click Yes and this will close your program. Click Yes once again, to install the plugin.
You successfully have installed DSpellChecker Plugin for Notepad++.
Activating your SpellChecker Plugin
- Open up Notepad++ by clicking on File>Open and select the desired file.
- Click on the “Plugins” option and click on DSpellCheck from the list.
- Click on the Select Language Option and choose your desired language, by clicking on “Download Languages”
- You will find a list of languages that are going to open up. Click on the languages that you need to install and click on Install. There are different versions of the same language that you can choose, as is commonly known when it comes to English.
- All the languages that you have selected will appear on your Notepad++. Click on the “OK” Dialog Box.
- Once you have done this, go to the DSpellCheck option there and enable the “Spell Check Document Automatically” option.
- Your process is now complete. The plug-in is going to start doing its job and start correcting the errors in your document.
- Underlines spelling errors
- Does an automatic iteration process of your entire document.
- Finds mistakes only in the text, that is, comments and strings.
- The option of multiple languages simultaneously for spell-checking
- It can add words to the user dictionary or ignore them for the session if required.
- It offers a variety of customization options from the Plugin Settings (Allowing specific files only, the maximum number of suggestions)
- Change the current language through the context menu or the DSpellCheck Menu fairly quickly.
Why should you choose Notepad++?
A lot of people are often wondering why Notepad++ is the most sought-after text editor. So, we thought we would run a little appreciation column for Notepad++ and discuss its numerous benefits.
- It is an extremely light-weight application. It will take up a maximum of 10MB of space on your laptop. Most other editors, especially video editors take up a ton of space which goes into hundreds of MB, making it extremely slow. So, even if you don’t have a high-functioning device, it would work for your low-end device as well.
- It has numerous extensions
and Notepad++ as compared to its basic version comes with a lot of customizable
plugins. Access to these plugins will give you access to a lot of features such
- Opening and operating multiple files at the same time.
- The advantage of an open-source community
- Customizable options for your interface, according to set and adjustable preferences.
We hope that this article was able to give you a comprehensive view of Spell Checker Plugin for Notepad++ and also an overview of how you can download and install it on your PC. The SpellChecker Plugin can provide numerous advantages when it comes to correcting errors in your document and it can do so, managing different operations at the same time, saving you the trouble of going through the entire document yourself.
We have tried to cover what we thought would be relevant information for you. Once you get a hang of the plugin and Notepad++, you can make your own completely customizable plugins from the Settings tab. We are happy to help if you have any further clarifications on the subject. Happy coding!